If you’re raising veggie kids right now or plan on starting a family soon, you may want to join The Vegetarian Resource Group’s online parents list. See: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vrgparents/
This group now has over 1,500 families participating. A wide range of questions are raised and parents quickly respond with supportive and practical advice from their own experience raising veggie kids. Some questions have included:
- Parent looking to relocate to a veg-friendly area to raise family.
- Someone looking for green bed for child that is moving out of
- Someone looking for help to raise hypoglycemic child veggie.
- Parent asked if it was worth it economically to join a CSA Farm.
- Parent raising kid veggie without soy asked for suggestions on
what to feed him high in protein, etc.
- Someone looking for help with vegan food ideas for an 18 hour
- Searching for natural alternatives to give a child with a stuffy
nose and cough.
- Kids looking for veggie pen pals.
- What’s a reasonable food budget for a vegan family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids)?
- Child is starting pre-school. How do I explain that we are vegan
and I don’t want my child to be given non vegan food, etc.