By D.A. Colvin
Organic Vegan Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
( Serves 8 )
- 8-10 large Russet Idaho Baking Potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch-sized pieces
- 1 Cup Earth Balance Buttery Spread
- ½ Cup Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 3 teaspoons Goya Adobo Seasoning, without cumin and pepper
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
Fill a medium-sized stainless steel pot halfway with water. Bring the water to a rapid boil. Reduce heat to medium and gently pour in the cut potatoes. If necessary, add more water. Stir the potatoes a bit so they can cook evenly. Check them occasionally with a fork. When the potatoes are soft and tender, turn off the heat and drain them in a colander in the sink. When the potatoes are well drained, return them to the pot or put them in a dry clean bowl. Mash the potatoes thoroughly until there are no lumps. Gently stir in the seasonings and mix thoroughly and evenly until the potato mixture is creamy. This makes a wonderful delicious Thanksgiving dish! Serve and enjoy!
Organic Vegan Gravy to serve with mashed potatoes above
- 1 envelope Hain vegan gravy
- 1 Cup boiling purified water
- 1 heaping Tablespoon Earth Balance Buttery Spread
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoon Bragg Liquid Aminos
In a medium-sized stainless steel pot, bring 1 Cup water to a rapid boil. Gently slowly pour in the gravy mix, stirring evenly and rapidly. Reduce heat to medium or low, continue stirring until gravy mix thickens, then add remaining ingredients. Remove from heat and pour over mashed potatoes (see above recipe).
This dressing is wonderful and delicious in any garden salad or salad of greens. It’s very versatile.
- ½Cup or 6 Tablespoons Bragg Liquid Aminos
- ½Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoon Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
Mix well in the salad until all the seasonings are evenly mixed and the delicious pungent flavor is well balanced.
Delicious Sandwich of Organic Vegan Thanksgiving Leftovers
- 2 slices of your favorite organic vegan bread, lightly toasted
- 1 thick slice of Thanksgiving Tofurky Roast
- Mashed potatoes and gravy (see above recipes).
Serve Tofurky Roast covered with mashed potatoes and gravy on toasted bread and enjoy!
D.A. Colvin is a social and environmental issues freelance writer and is an active environmental advocate and animal rescue advocate. She and her husband live in the SW of the USA and are the happy proud parents of an adorable beautiful 8 month old sweet baby boy. They also share their sweet loving home with two adorable, wonderful, sweet cats, their babies. D.A. Colvin can be reached via e-mail at: email@example.com
and her blog at: http://bodyearthself.blogspot.com.
For more Thanksgiving recipes, visit: http://www.vrg.org/recipes/vegan_thanksgiving.php