2004 Issue 1
Volume XXIII, Number 1
A sampling from the 2004 issue 1 of The Vegetarian
Journal, published by the Vegetarian Resource Group.
Original Table of
- Super Savory Breakfasts
- Start winter days off right with recipes from Debra Daniels-Zeller.
- Balkan Cuisine
- Chef Nancy Berkoff conducts a culinary tour of this newsmaking region.
- Starting a Vegetarian Restaurant - Food for Thought
- Caryn Ginsberg helps entrepreneurs develop a recipe for success.
- Bulgur - The Noblest Food Achieved by Wheat
- Habeeb Salloum introduces you to the wonders of this hearty grain.
- 2003 VRG Essay Contest Winners
- Read works from three young winners in our first installment.
- Nutrition Hotline
- Conduct your own nutritional analyses, learn if vegetarians are more prone to eating disorders, and put dental health worries to rest.
- Note from the Coordinators
- Letters to the Editors
- Veggie Bits
- Scientific Update
- Notes from the Scientific Department
- Vegan Cooking Tips
- Quick Cornbread Mixes, by Chef Nancy Berkoff.
- Book Reviews
- Vegetarian Action
- Vegan Drag Racer
- Angela Proudfoot Continues on a Winning Streak, by Keryl Cryer.
- Fast Food Update
- Back Cover
The Vegetarian Journal published here is not the complete
issue, but these are excerpts from the published magazine. Anyone
who wishes to see everything should subscribe to the magazine.
Thanks to volunteer Stephanie Schueler for converting this
article to HTML.
© 1996-2014 The Vegetarian Resource Group
PO Box 1463, Baltimore, MD 21203
(410) 366-8343 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
July 4, 2004
The contents of this website and our other publications, including Vegetarian Journal, are not intended to provide personal medical advice. Medical advice should be obtained from a qualified health professional. We often depend on product and ingredient information from company statements. It is impossible to be 100% sure about a statement, info can change, people have different views, and mistakes can be made. Please use your own best judgment about whether a product is suitable for you. To be sure, do further research or confirmation on your own.
Web site questions or comments? Please email email@example.com.