2004 Issue 2
Volume XXIII, Number 2
A sampling from the 2004 issue 2 of The Vegetarian
Journal, published by the Vegetarian Resource Group.
Original Table of Contents
- Dress Up Your Salads
- Try some vegan versions of classic salad dressings from Nava Atlas.
- "How Did They Think of That?"
- Keryl Cryer maps the journey that vegetarian foods take from idea to store shelves.
- Entrées with Fresh Spring Greens
- Peggy Rynk offers great ideas for seasonal vegetables.
- Chef Nancy Berkoff spotlights this spicy Korean cabbage dish.
- 2003 VRG Essay Contest Winners
- Take a look at our second installment, featuring three more essays.
- Eating a Vegetarian Diet While Living with Kidney Disease
- Joan Brookhyser, RD, CD, CSR, helps you achieve good nutrition while you maintain your renal health.
- Nutrition Hotline
- Are low-carbohydrate diets a good way to lose weight?
- Note from the Coordinators
- Letters to the Editors
- Vegan Cooking Tips
- Stuffings, by Chef Nancy Berkoff.
- Notes from the Scientific Department
- Scientific Update
- Book Reviews
- Vegetarian Action
- Sweet Success: An Interview with Sticky Fingers' Doron and Kirsten, by Keryl Cryer.
- New Products
- Back Cover
The Vegetarian Journal published here is not the complete
issue, but these are excerpts from the published magazine. Anyone
who wishes to see everything should subscribe to the magazine.
Thanks to volunteer Stephanie Schueler for converting this
article to HTML.
© 1996-2013 The Vegetarian Resource Group
PO Box 1463, Baltimore, MD 21203
(410) 366-8343 Email: email@example.com
July 31, 2004
The contents of this website and our other publications, including Vegetarian Journal, are not intended to provide personal medical advice. Medical advice should be obtained from a qualified health professional. We often depend on product and ingredient information from company statements. It is impossible to be 100% sure about a statement, info can change, people have different views, and mistakes can be made. Please use your own best judgment about whether a product is suitable for you. To be sure, do further research or confirmation on your own.
Web site questions or comments? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.