Vegetarian Journal 2007 Issue 1
- Comforting Casseroles
- Peggy Rynk makes these hearty, complete meals with minimal effort.
- Eating Colorful Fruits and Vegetables May
Protect Against a Leading Cause of Blindness
- Ben A. Shaberman considers how a balanced diet
may counter age-related macular degeneration.
- Debra Daniels-Zeller shares strategies, tips, and tricks for choosing
the best cooking agents for soups, sauces, desserts, and more.
- Questions and Answers
About Omega-3 Fatty Acids for Vegans
- Reed Mangels, PhD, RD, explains what omega-3s are, why they are
important, and how to include them in your vegan diet.
- 10 Ways to Improve
Your Vegetarian Lifestyle
- These simple tips from Mark Rifkin, RD, take you to the next level.
- Nutrition Hotline
- What does ‘whole grain’ really mean? And can protein values really be this different?
- Note from the Coordinators
- Letters to the Editors
- Scientific Update
- Notes from the VRG Scientific Department
- Vegan Cooking Tips
- Working with Food Banks, by Chef Nancy Berkoff, RD, EdD, CCE
- Veggie Bits
- Book Reviews
- Vegetarian Action
- Chas Chiodo and Three Decades of Vegetarian Activism, by Katherine Raffelt.
- Back Cover
- Look for These Products in Your Local Market