Vegetarian Journal 2007 Issue 2
- A Cinco de Mayo Fiesta
- Celebrate in Southwestern style with Nanette Blanchard’s vegan versions of traditional Mexican recipes.
- Egg Labels and Certifications:
- What Do They Mean? Jeanne Yacoubou finds out what ‘humane’ treatment of egg-laying hens really means in terms of handling, housing facilities, and more.
- Falafel — Healthy Middle Eastern Hamburgers Capture the West
- Habeeb Salloum introduces unique variations of this vegan ‘fast food.’
- Cool, Crisp Summer Salads
- Peggy Rynk puts her twist on produce, dressings, and more
- Nutrition Hotline
- Are flaxseeds’ benefits lost when baked? What are some Ensure-like soy shakes? And can going vegetarian during puberty affect a girl’s development?
- Note from the Coordinators
- Letters to the Editors
- Notes from the VRG Scientific Department
- Outreach to family physicians and a special congrats to a VJ contributor!
- Vegan Cooking Tips
- Egg Replacers, by Chef Nancy Berkoff.
- Scientific Update
- Veggie Bits
- Book Reviews
- Vegetarian Action
- Food for Life Program Instills Healthy Eating and More in Public School Students, by Chandra Lanier.
- Back Cover
- Look for These Products in Your Local Market