2008 Issue 1
Volume XXVII, Number 1
A sampling from the 2008 issue 1 of The Vegetarian Journal, published by the Vegetarian Resource Group.
Original Table of Contents:
- Cheesecake: Not Just for Dessert Anymore.
- Chef Nancy Berkoff makes cheesecake part of any course.
- An Updated Guide to Soy, Rice, Nut, and Other Non-Dairy Milks
- Dietetic Intern Stephanie Gall, MS, RD, brings you all the facts.
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About L-Cysteine But Were Afraid to Ask
- Jeanne Yacoubou, MS, takes a closer look at the amino acid.
- Vegan Fare from India
- Sunita Pant Bansal shares some basic dishes from her country.
- Veggie-Friendly Literature for Kids
- Check out recommendations from The VRG Parents' E-Mail List.
- Vegan Rocker Ted Leo Tours the World
- Bobby Allyn interviews the indie rock veteran and vegan activist.
- Nutrition Hotline
- What are plant sterols, and what effects do they have on the human diet?
- Note from the Coordinators
- Letters to the Editors
- Notes from The VRG Scientific Department
- Vegan Cooking Tips
- All About Oven-Frying, by Chef Nancy Berkoff, RD, EdD, CCE
- Veggie Bits
- Book Reviews
- Vegetarian Action
- Everything Natural, by Bobby Allyn
© 1996-2013 The Vegetarian Resource Group
PO Box 1463, Baltimore, MD 21203
(410) 366-8343 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
contents of this website and our other publications, including
Vegetarian Journal, are not intended to provide personal medical
advice. Medical advice should be obtained from a qualified health
professional. We often depend on product and ingredient information
from company statements. It is impossible to be 100% sure about a
statement, info can change, people have different views, and mistakes
can be made. Please use your own best judgment about whether a product
is suitable for you. To be sure, do further research or confirmation on
Web site questions or comments? Please email email@example.com.