Vegetarian Journal 2008 Issue 1
NOTES FROM THE VRG SCIENTIFIC DEPARTMENT
THE VEGETARIAN RESOURCE GROUP IN THE NEWS
VRG Nutrition Advisor Reed Mangels, PhD, RD, was interviewed for stories about vegetarian diets in Natural
Health and Vegetarian Times magazines and for a new book, Dr. Susan's Kids-Only Weight Loss Guide. She was also
interviewed by independent film producer Carolyn McGrath for a documentary on farm animals.
VRG EXHIBITS AT THE FEDERATION OF JAIN ASSOCIATIONS IN NORTH AMERICA
VRG Co-Directors Charles Stahler and Debra Wasserman and VRG Nutrition Advisor Reed Mangels went to the
Federation of Jain Associations in North America (JAINA) conference in New Jersey, which was attended by more
than 6,000 people. VRG sponsored a table and distributed several thousand educational pieces about vegan diets.
- Cheesecake: Not Just for Dessert Anymore.
- Chef Nancy Berkoff makes cheesecake part of any course.
- An Updated Guide to Soy, Rice, Nut, and Other Non-Dairy Milks
- Dietetic Intern Stephanie Gall, MS, RD, brings you all the facts.
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About L-Cysteine But Were Afraid to Ask
- Jeanne Yacoubou, MS, takes a closer look at the amino acid.
- Vegan Fare from India
- Sunita Pant Bansal shares some basic dishes from her country.
- Veggie-Friendly Literature for Kids
- Check out recommendations from The VRG Parents' E-Mail List.
- Vegan Rocker Ted Leo Tours the World
- Bobby Allyn interviews the indie rock veteran and vegan activist.
- Nutrition Hotline
- What are plant sterols, and what effects do they have on the human diet?
- Note from the Coordinators
- Letters to the Editors
- Vegan Cooking Tips
- All About Oven-Frying, by Chef Nancy Berkoff, RD, EdD, CCE
- Veggie Bits
- Scientific Update
- Book Reviews
- Vegetarian Action
- Everything Natural, by Bobby Allyn
© 1996-2013 The Vegetarian Resource Group
PO Box 1463, Baltimore, MD 21203
(410) 366-8343 Email: email@example.com
contents of this website and our other publications, including
Vegetarian Journal, are not intended to provide personal medical
advice. Medical advice should be obtained from a qualified health
professional. We often depend on product and ingredient information
from company statements. It is impossible to be 100% sure about a
statement, info can change, people have different views, and mistakes
can be made. Please use your own best judgment about whether a product
is suitable for you. To be sure, do further research or confirmation on
Web site questions or comments? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.