2008 Issue 2
A sampling from the 2008 issue 2 of The Vegetarian Journal, published by the Vegetarian Resource Group.
Original Table of Contents:
- The Rich Flavors of Africa
- Peggy Rynk takes readers on a culinary tour of the continent.
- Vegetarian Journal's Guide to Vegan Burgers and Dogs
- Reed Mangels, PhD, RD, reviews the nutritional value of mock meats.
- Cheese-Less Sauces
- Chef Nancy Berkoff, EdD, RD, CCE, uses nutritional yeast, potatoes, tofu, and cashews to mimic savory dairy-based sauces.
- Veggie Options at Quick-Service Restaurant Chains
- VRG’s Research Director Jeanne Yacoubou, MS, provides an update on menu items at popular fast food and casual restaurant chains.
- VJ’s 2007 Winning Student Essay
- Nutrition Hotline
- What can vegetarians do on their own to maximize their weight loss efforts?
- Note from the Coordinators
- Letters to the Editors
- Notes from The VRG Scientific Department
- Vegan Cooking Tips
- Packet Cooking, by Chef Nancy Berkoff, RD, EdD, CCE
- Veggie Bits
- Book Reviews
- Vegetarian Action
- Eat Smart Program Encourages Healthy Eating for Minority and Low-Income Populations in Washington, D.C., by Avi Carter
© 1996- The Vegetarian Resource Group
PO Box 1463, Baltimore, MD 21203
(410) 366-8343 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
contents of this website and our other publications, including
Vegetarian Journal, are not intended to provide personal medical
advice. Medical advice should be obtained from a qualified health
professional. We often depend on product and ingredient information
from company statements. It is impossible to be 100% sure about a
statement, info can change, people have different views, and mistakes
can be made. Please use your own best judgment about whether a product
is suitable for you. To be sure, do further research or confirmation on
Web site questions or comments? Please email email@example.com.