Vegetarian Journal Mar/Apr 1998
Camps Offering Vegetarian and/or Vegan
Meals in the United States--2011 Update
The Vegetarian Resource Group sent surveys to 2,664 camps asking them whether
they offered vegetarian and/or vegan options. The following camps responded
to our survey and offer meatless dishes. In some cases, you have to request
the meals ahead.
- Sky-Y Camp (Phoenix YMCA), HC 32, Box 292, Prescott, AZ 86303.
- Camp Winacka (Girl Scouts), 1231 Upas St., San Diego, CA 92103
- Camp-A-Lot, 9285 Chesapeake Dr., Suite O, San Diego, CA 92123 (upon request)
- Camp Fire Boys and Girls, PO Box 3275, San Diego, CA 92163
- Arrowbear Music Camp, PO Box 4008, Arrowbear Lake, CA 92382
- Pilgrim Pines Camp, 39570 Glen Rd., Yucaipa, CA 92399
- Camp Alonim (Brandeis-Bardin Institute), 1101 Peppertree Ln., Brandeis, CA 93064
- YMCA Camp Jones Gulch, 11000 Pescadero Rd., La Honda, CA 94020
- Redwood Glen Baptist Camp, 1430 Warr Rd., Loma Mar, CA 94021
- Camp Gold Hollow, 17183 Lake Vera-Purdon Rd., Nevada City, CA 95959.
- YMCA Camp Jackson, 700 North Albany Ave., Pueblo, CO 81003 (upon request).
- Camp Horizons Inc., 127 Babcock Hill Rd., South Windham, CT 06266
- Shadybrook Camp and Learning Center, PO Box 365, Moodus, CT 06469.
- Camp Crystal Lake, Rt. 3, Box 1121, Stark, FL 32091 (upon request)
- Suncoast Girl Scout Council, Inc., PO Drawer 18066, Tampa, FL 33679.
- Camp Toccoa, 100 Edgewood Ave., Suite 528, Atlanta, GA 30303.
- Camp Henry Horner, 26710 W. Nippersink Rd., Ingleside, IL 60041
- YMCA Camp Duncan, 32405 N. Hwy. 12, Ingleside, IL 60041
- Camp Woodbrooke, 795 Beverly Pl., Lake Forest, IL 60045
- Camp Chippewa Bay, 8 South 021 Rt. 53, Naperville, IL 60540.
- Kippewa for Girls, 1 Kippewa Dr., Monmouth, ME 04259
- Omni Camp, 200 Verrill Rd., Poland Spring, ME 04274
- D-arrow Wilderness Canoe Camp, PO Box 9, Grand Lake Stream, ME 04637
- Friends Camp, PO Box 84, E. Vassalboro, ME 04935.
- Summer's Edge Day Camp, 475 Bedford St., Lexington, MA 02173 (upon request).
- Ox-Bow (Summer School of the Art Institute of Chicago), PO Box
216, Saugatuck, MI 49453.
- Camp Sabra, 2 Millstone Campus Dr., St. Louis, MO 63146
- Sherwood Forest Camp, Rt. 1, PO Box 180, Lesterville, MO 63654.
- Camp Glen Brook, 35 Glen Brook Rd., Marlborough, NH 03455.
- Girl Scout Council of Greater Essex Co., 120 Valley Rd., Montclair, NJ 07042
- Presbyterian Camp & Conference Center, PO Box 475, Johnsonburg,
NJ 07846 (upon request)
- Camp Inawendiwin (Camden County Council of Girl Scouts, Inc.), 40 Brace Rd.,
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034 (upon request)
- Camp Lakota, 10 Nightingale St., Edison, NJ 08820
- New Jersey Summer Arts Institute, 100 Jersey Ave., Suite B104,
New Brunswick, NJ 08901.
- Brush Ranch Camps, PO Box 5759, Santa Fe, NM 87502.
- Camp Regis-Applejack, 107 Robin Hood Rd., White Plains, NY 10607
- The Summit Camp, 110-45 71st Rd., Forest Hills, NY 11375
- Brookwood Camps, 3242 Judith Ln., Oceanside, NY 11572
- Camp Equinunk/Blue Ridge, 20 Burton Ln., Woodmere, NY 11598 (upon request)
- Camp Payntelle, 55 Manetto Hill Rd., Plainview, NY 11803
- YMCA Camp Chingachgook, Pilot Knob Rd., Kattskill Bay, NY 12844
- Luzerne Music Center, PO Box 35, Lake Luzerne, NY 12846
- North Country Camps, 395 Frontage Rd., Keeseville, NY 12944
- French Woods Festival, Rte. 97, Hancock, NY 13783.
- Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H Educational Center, 804 Cedar Ln., Redisville, NC 27320
- Camp Seagull/Camp Seafarer, 218 Seagull Landing, Arapahoc, NC 28510 (upon request)
- Keystone Camp, PO Box 829, Brevard, NC 28712
- Camp Mondamin and Green Cove, PO Box 8, Tuxedo, NC 28784.
- Centerville YMCA, 8558 Crackel Rd., Chagrin Falls, OH 44023
- Camp Frederick, Box 258, Rogers, OH 44455
- Camp Mowana, 2276 Feming Fall, Mansfield, OH 44903 (upon request).
- CYD/Camp Howard, 825 NE 20th Ave., Suite 320, Portland, OR 97232 (upon request)
- YMCA Camp Westwind, 1111 SW 10th Ave., Portland, OR 97205.
- Camp Cayuga, Pocono Mountains, RR1, Box 1180, Honesdale,
PA 18431 (upon request)
- Journey's End Farm Camp, RR1, Box 136, New-foundland, PA 18445
- Sports and Arts Center at Island Lake, Island Lake Rd., Starrucca, PA 18462
- Camp Neumann, Box 297-0297, Jamison, PA 18929 (upon request)
- Northwaters Wilderness Programs, PO Box 477, St. Peters, PA 19470 (upon request).
- Camp St. Christopher, 2810 Seabrook Island Rd., John's Island, SC 29455.
- Girl Scout Council of Cumberland Valley, PO Box 40466, Nashville, TN 37204.
- Camp Loma Linda Mo Ranch, HC1, Box 158, Hunt, TX 78024 (upon request).
- The Putney School Summer Programs, The Putney School, Elm Lea
Farm, Putney, VT 05346
- Killooleet, PO Box 70, Rt. 100, Hancock, VT 05748 (upon request)
- Craftsbury Sports Center, PO Box 31, Craftsbury Common, VT 05827
- Camp Common Ground,
web page: www.vermontinc.com/ccg.
- Camp Carysbrook 3500 Camp Carysbrook Rd., Riner, VA 24149
- Legacy International, Rte. 4, Box 265, Bedford, VA 24523.
- Camp Zanika Lache, PO Box 1734, Wenatchee, WA 98807.
- Phantom Lake YMCA, S110 W302040 YMCA Camp Road, Mukwonago, WI 53149
- Birch Trail Camp for Girls, PO Box 527, Minong, WI 54859
- Indian Waters Girl Scout Council, 4222 Oakwood Hills Pkwy., Eau Claire, WI 54701
- YMCA Camp Nan A Bo Sho, 218 E. Lawrence St., Appleton, WI 54911.
Private Schools Offering Vegetarian and/or
The Vegetarian Resource Group sent surveys to several thousand private
schools for children asking them whether they offered vegetarian and/or
vegan options. The following schools responded to our survey and offer
vegetarian and/or vegan options in their cafeteria(s). In some cases, you
need to request the meals ahead. Sadly, many schools did not take the time
to respond, or perhaps they do not offer vegetarian meals.
Vegan Meals in the United States--2011 Update
- Rough Rock Community School, RRC5, Box 217, Chinle, AZ 86503 (upon request).
- The Buckley School, 3900 Stansbury Ave., Sherman Oaks, CA 91413
- Oak Grove School, 220 W. Lomita, Ojai, CA 93023.
- Fountain Valley School, 6155 FUS Rd., Colorado Springs, CO 80911.
- Lakeview Academy, 796 Lakeview Dr., Gainesville, GA 30501 (upon Request)
- Rabun Gap Nacoochee School, Rt. 1, Box 1A1, Rabun Gap, GA 30568.
- North Shore Church and Junior Academy of Seventh-day Adventists,
5220 N. California Ave., Chicago, IL 60625.
- Enterprise Academy, PO Box 215, 701 S. Bridge, Enterprise, KS 67441.
- Metairie Park Country Day School, 300 Park Rd., Metairie, LA 70118.
- School for Contemporary Education, 8920 Whiskey Bottom Rd., Laurel, MD 20723
- Oldfields School, PO Box 697, Glencoe, MD 21152.
- The Williston Northampton School, 19 Payson Ave., Easthampton, MA 01027
- Stoneleigh Burnham School, 574 Bernardston Rd., Greenfield, MA 01301
- Deerfield Academy, Main St., Deerfield, MA 01342
- Groton School, Farmers Row, Groton, MA 01450
- The Winchendon School, 172 Ash St., Winchendon, MA 01475 (upon request)
- Concord Academy, 166 Main St., Concord, MA 01742
- Middlesex School, 1400 Lowell Rd., Concord, MA 01851.
- Great Lakes Academy, Box 68, 7477 Academy Rd., Cedar Lakes, MI 48812.
- Maplewood Academy, 700 W. Main St., Hutchinson, MN 55350.
- High Mowing School, Box 850, Abbot Hill Rd., Wilton, NH 03086.
- Delaware Valley Jr. Academy, 240 Sickel Ln., Deptford, NJ 08096.
- Brush Ranch School, Hwy. 63, Box 33, Tererro, NM 87573.
- St. Thomas Choir School, 202 West 58th St., New York, NY 10019
- The Calhoun School, 433 West End Ave., New York, NY 10024
- Manhattan School of Music, 120 Claremont Ave., New York, NY 10027.
- Columbus Academy, PO Box 30745, Gahanna, OH 43230
- Olney Friends School, 61830 Sandy Ridge Rd., Barnesville, OH 43713
- Lutheran High School West, 3850 Linden Rd., Cleveland, OH 44116
- Cincinnati Country Day School, 6905 Gwen Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45243.
- Milo Adventist Academy, 324 Milo Dr., Days Creek, OR 97429.
- Friends Select School, 17th and Ben Franklin Pkwy., Philadelphia, PA 19103.
- St. George's School, PO Box 1910, Newport, RI 02840.
- Montgomery Bell Academy, 4001 Harding Rd., Nashville, TN 37205.
- Vermont Academy, PO Box 500, Saxtons River, VT 05154.
- Randolph-Macon Academy, 201 W. Academy Dr., Front Royal, VA 22630.
- Explorations High School/Global Community Institute, PO Box 3014,
Bellingham, WA 98227.
Excerpts from the Mar/Apr Issue:
The Vegetarian Journal published here is not the complete issue, but
these are excerpts from the published magazine. Anyone wanting to see everything
should subscribe to the
This article was converted to HTML by Jeanie Freeman
|| © 1996-2013
The Vegetarian Resource Group
PO Box 1463, Baltimore, MD 21203
(410) 366-8343 Email: email@example.com
March 6, 1998
The contents of this web site, as with
all The Vegetarian Resource Group publications, is not
intended to provide personal medical advice. Medical
advice should be obtained from a qualified health
Any pages on this site may be
reproduced for non-commercial use if left intact
and with credit given to The Vegetarian Resource Group.
Web site questions or comments? Please email